- Posted by Nicci Layman
- On August 4, 2021
Tempting as it is to think that everyone is practising good teeth and mouth hygiene, the reality is that the oral health of many Australians is not where it should be.
• 75% adults rarely or never floss or clean between their teeth.
• 1 in 5 adults brush only once per day.
• 39% of parents report their children drink 2 – 5 soft drinks per week.
• 2 in 3 adults usually visit the dentist for a problem rather than a regular check-up.
• 47% of adults (18+ years) consume too much sugar.