This is a 3-day course on Restorative Implantology dealing with Single Unit Restorations. This contains both didactic and practical components, designed for the general dentist to add to their daily clinical repertoire. The content is strongly evidence-based, aiding the clinical operator to have confidence that their procedures have been validated by research.
This course provides a total of 24 hours of scientific CPD.
Module 1 covers single unit fixed implant supported crowns. This includes:
- Prosthetic implant componentry for fixed prostheses;
- Diagnosis and treatment planning through “prosthetically driven” implant placement;
- Fundamental differences between teeth and implants;
- Differences between external and internal connections;
- Choice of restorative platforms;
- Fabrication of implant supported provisionals;
- Using tooth supported and implant supported provisionals for prosthetic seal of the surgical site;
- Soft tissue development for emergence profile using implant support provisionals;
- Types and materials of abutments, and guidelines for use;
- Angulated abutments vs. angulated screw channels;
- Abutment preparation and prosthesis cementation techniques for cement-retained restorations;
- Impression techniques and fabricating customised impression copings;
- Cement-retained vs. screw-retained prostheses (and direct-to-fixture);
- Loading schedules;
- Implant protected occlusal concepts and progressive loading;
- Maintenance and review.
- Fabricating implant supported fixture level provisional for prosthetic seal
- Modifying implant supported fixture level provisional for soft tissue emergence development
- Fabricating customised impression coping and taking fixture level open tray impression
- Preparation of cementable/cement-retained abutment
- Using cementable/cement-retained abutment level provisional for soft tissue emergence development
- Taking abutment level closed tray impression of stock abutment
- Cementing crown using replica to reduce cement extrusion
COURSE DATES AND LOCATION
The 3 days of the course will be Saturday, 2nd May – Monday, 4th May.
All courses run from 8:30am to 5:30pm, but arrive at 8:00am for registration.
The course will be held at:
Sage Hotel Ringwood, Level 5, EASTLAND, 211 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood VIC 3134
which is attached to Eastland Shopping Centre. Parking for Sage Hotels is at the Warrandyte Rd entrance of Eastland Shopping Centre’s parking lot via entry EAST 6. Parking is included in the course fee.
Food and beverages are included in the course, which includes:
- All day self serve freshly brewed coffee, traditional and herbal teas, iced water and mints.
- Morning tea: Chef’s selection of assorted snacks
- Lunch: Plated main course of the chef’s choice; segmented seasonal fruit platter; daily dessert selection.
- Afternoon tea: Chef’s selection of assorted snacks.
Please inform the course organiser if you have any dietary requirements.
The course fees for a single module are $2,600 (incl. GST). Course fee includes:
- Didactic course tuition;
- Hands-on/practical component on models;
- Access to eDentistry Academy’s Support Group;
- Food and beverage;
Course fees must be paid in full upon registration. Register and pay before 2nd April for a 10% discount; or register and pay for all 3 modules before 2nd April for a 15% discount.