Module #2 (2024)
Module 2 Date: Friday, 2nd August to Sunday, 4th August 2024
Cost: $3,600 incl. GST (10% discount if registered 30 days before 2nd August 2024) Enquire About Group Discounts
Discounted Price: $3,240
25% discount if attending ALL 3 MODULES and registered before 15th February 2024.
Module 2 Optional surgical guide add-on: Monday, 5th August 2024 (requires attendance at Module 2 restorative component)
(10% discount if registered 30 days before 5th August 2024)
Cost: $475 incl. GST Enquire About Group Discounts
Discounted Price: $427.50
Venue: Sage Ringwood Hotel, 211 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood, VIC 3134
Times: 8:30am – 5:30pm
CPD Hours: 24 per module (+8 hours if attending surgical guide add-on)
- Module 1 – Single Unit Implant Restorations (two dates of this module are available)
- Module 2 – Multi Unit Implant Restorations; and optional single/multi-unit guided surgery component
- Module 3 – Full Arch Implant Restorations; and optional full arch guided surgery component.
Module 2 covers multi unit fixed AND removable implant supported prostheses, including combined tooth-implant supported prostheses. This includes:
- Prosthetic implant componentry for removable prostheses;
- Effect of cantilevers and effect of splinting of structures;
- Choice of pontics for fixed prostheses;
- Tilted implants and their effect on bone and prosthetic componentry;
- Movements of removable attachment systems and their influence on prosthesis design and implant placement;
- Design and positioning of superstructures (bars) and attachments (straight and angled) for removable prostheses;
- Use of flanges of removable prostheses for lip support;
- Indexed vs. non-indexed componentry for multi-unit prostheses;
- Verification techniques;
- Occlusion differences between fixed and removable prostheses.
Hands-on exercises (not all are listed):
- Correcting angulation using angled body Locator abutments
- Fabricating multi-unit fixture level provisional using non-indexed temporary abutments;
- Ovate pontic site development;
- Fabricating customised impression coping with pontic and taking open tray impression;
- Fabricating cement-retained tooth-implant supported provisional
- Conversion of an existing partial denture to tooth-implant supported provisional using Locator abutments;
- Fractured abutment screw removal techniques;
- Critical appraisal, assembling and disassembling of all multi-unit removable and fixed restorative options, including bars and Locators.
Covers single and multi unit implant surgical guide design. This includes:
- Knowing when guides are NOT accurate;
- Different guided implant systems available;
- Facilitating taking high-quality CBCTs for usable implant planning;
- Core skills using CoDiagnostiX implant planning software;
- Using the proposed restoration to drive the surgical placement of implants;
- Understanding correct implant depth, angulation, and position based on restorative plan for single and multi-unit restorations;
- Critical concepts regarding tooth-supported guide design;
- Sufficient support to prevent rocking;
- Methods to verify complete seating of guides;
- Positioning of guide sleeves;
- When to add areas of bone support to surgical guides;
- Lateral wall sinus lift surgical guides.
- Each module $3600 incl. GST (+ $475 incl. GST for guided surgery add-on)
- Includes lunch and refreshments.
- 10% early bird discount for each module if paid at least 30 days in advance of each module’s course date.
- 25% discount if attending all 3 modules and paid before 15th February 2024.
- This course is compliant with current DBA guidelines on CPD.